Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...




"Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down."
--Rainy days and Mondays by The Carpenters

After the gorgeous weekend we just had it's hard to wake up to such a gloomy, depressing Monday morning.  Of course it would have been easier had I not had a migraine and slept in causing us to run late for Mason's gym class and therefore missing my morning cup of coffee. Thank goodness for play dates with Mason's best buddy and fellow gym classmate.  They always crack me up when playing together. Three hours really runs them down and I know it will be a good nap day.  Still, at 4pm when he wakes up screaming cause his allergies are rearing their ugly head making it hard for him to breathe, I find myself wishing it was still nap time or that Fred was home from work. It is now that I need that extra shot of caffeine.  Most days I would go ahead and take it without a second thought but lately with the cramping and horrendous pain of my ligaments stretching to beyond possible proportions, I think twice.  Did I already have the prerequisite amount of caffeine today?  It's 4pm.  Do I want to be up all night with a caffeine high on top of the many bathroom trips I know I will have to make?  Water it is.  *sigh*  There are still two hours till Fred will be home and I need to decide and make dinner before then.  I resort to letting Mason watch an obscene amount of television.  Now before I get hounded with comments about what a horrible mother I am for letting my son's brain rot away, I must point out that I am 8 months pregnant and lack the energy and brain power to multitask entertaining my son while making a meal.  Dinner in the oven (or microwave as the case may be), Mason glued to the tube, I let myself look forward to Mason's bedtime when Dancing with the Stars comes on and I can sit, relax and enjoy mindless reality t.v.  Just a quick check on the weather for tomorrow: 65 degrees (yes) with thunderstorms :-(.

Lord give me strength
.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment