Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Alpha Mom=Zeta Wife?

This was a segment on the Today show this morning.  Discussing how in order to be an Alpha Mom you end up being a Zeta Wife. Which is essence means that to be the best Mom you can to your children you tend to neglect your husband, slacking off in your duties as a wife.   Below is the video clip of this segment.


This is a topic in which I have very passionate feelings. I agree it is difficult to find that balance between being a mother and being a wife. Maybe more difficult for me being a stay at home mom where it seems that all duties have been abdicated to me 100% of the time. Being "mom" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year is a lot to live up to and quite frankly stressful as hell. Especially when you don't get praise, or "props" for the things you do on a daily basis. At the end of the day I am so worn out from everything on my to do list that there is no energy left to be the romantic, doting wife. I completely agree that parenting is a partnership and both husband and wife need to work together to achieve success. Sharing in the duties at appropriate times such as mornings, evenings and weekends when both parents are at home. Acting more as partners in parenthood I feel helps strengthen a marriage instead of leaving one spouse resenting the other for being left with all the responsibility.

What is your take on this? Leave a comment. How do you balance the roles of mother/father and wife/husband? Or do you? How are duties shared in your household? or are they shared?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment