Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome 2009. I can't believe it is a new year already. Where does the time go?

We spent our new year with friends. Went out to dinner with the Smith's and their little boy. Then back to their place, watched "Cars" till the boys got tired and finally went to bed around 9:30pm (so passed Mason's bedtime). Then chatted for a few hours, had some brownies and watched the ball drop. This was the first time since Mason was born that we actually stayed up for the New Year to arrive. I was surprised I made it till midnight, especially with my developing a nasty cold. My head felt very congested and my throat hurt but I pushed through. We woke up our sleeping son to head home around 12:3oam (he was such a good boy through it all). By 1am we were all in bed and heading fast asleep.

Of course Mason woke up at around 7am this morning (figured he'd get up early since we went to bed so late) but it paid off later cause he's down for a nap now and it's been two and a half hours so far without a peep. Woohoo! I even got to watch a movie that arrived from Netflix. Earlier my Father in Law, Heather and Aiden stopped by to exchange presents. Mason got an airplane ornament, a wooden car, and a Can-Do Roo game. Fred got a gift card to a Bed and Breakfast. This gift was perfect because I had said to Fred a few weeks before Christmas that all I wanted was to get away for a weekend just the two of us and spend some "quality" time together. Now I get my wish. I received a pair of beautiful purple flower earrings from Juicy Couture. We then gave them a tour of our house, being that is was the first time they have been over since we started demolition back in April. We talked about their farm and our pending new addition and said we should get together again come February when the weather has hopefully calmed down (not so windy) and all the holiday hoopla has ended. Hopefully we can make it out there before the new one arrives.

Speaking of the baby growing in my belly. Only 12 more days till we find out if it's a boy or girl! I have my 20 week sonogram scheduled for the 13th and I want it to be tomorrow. There is much speculation that it's a girl this time (my being so sick this time and seeming to be carrying lower). Guess we'll see in less than two weeks.

I hear the munchkin is awake now so I gotta rescue him from his room before he has a meltdown.

HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE!!! It's going to be a great year I can feel it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment