Thursday, December 25, 2008

A very Merry Christmas

Despite the fact that Mason woke up at 5:30am crying for daddy, our morning was good.  Mason could have cared less about the presents though, until Grandma, Pop-pop and aunt Jenni showed up.  I had made us french toast and waffles for breakfast and watched "A Christmas Story" till everyone showed up.  Then it was present time.  Mason was ripping open presents everywhere. His favorite was the "Mac" truck from the movie "Cars" he got from Grandma and Pop-pop.  He played with that all day and then had to sleep with it when put to bed. 
    
  

I got a few good ones.  My two favorites are the old fashioned popcorn maker Fred got me, and that will go into the bar once it is done.  The other is the smart shopper grocery list maker my sister got me.  You talk into it and it stores your grocery list items and errand items then you can print it out and it categorizes it for you.  So totally awesome.  Can't wait to try it out.  
I got Fred an electric razor, he'd been wanting one, and a rotating picture frame.  He'd been begging me for some pictures that he could have at the office for years.  I finally got around to it.  Yes I am a procrastinator.  But he loved it.  

Then we had a nice dinner/lunch of Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and Mason had Mac n Cheese.  All courtesy of Boston Market.  Beats having to cook a big meal any day.  Then while Mason took a nap we played Imaginiff and Apples to Apples.  We all had a good day and it was great to spend it with family.  Now I am exhausted and looking at the mess that looms before me and begging to be cleaned.  Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow to do it.
  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment