Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Adventures: Discovery Museum

Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum

This week we went to the closest children's discovery museum in the area. I had been told by my niece and sister that it was a great place, but it was actually amazing. The kids had so much fun.

Mason headed straight for the marbles of course. This has been a favorite ever since he got an apparatus like this for Christmas.
I wasn't even sure I'd be able to get him away from all these but I managed to get him to follow the other kids into the Native American Iroquois village room. Where the drums were an instant hit with ALL the kids in our group.
Even Sophie got in on the action. It got pretty crazy in there for a while but it looked like so much fun.
Next was probably the most mesmerizing room for the kids as a whole. You get to create your own "roller coaster" and then test it out.


and the visit was ended with Mason showing his strength and skill in the apple packing production line.
Wheeling the apples to the pulling system.
Pulling the apples to the top. And I know I shouldn't have been surprised that he could do it, he is a strong little boy and has been from the young age of only a year old. But I couldn't help myself, being so proud of him for doing it.
My little apple packer. So proud.

After, we all drove to Jim Barnett park to have a picnic lunch. It was such a fun time. Mostly because the weather was so nice. Mason was freaking out that the tablecloth and every thing else was going to blow away with the wind. Sophie and James fought over the blueberries. The boys played in the rocks and with sticks along the path.
We laughed, shared stories and enjoyed a brief change in these blazing dog days of summer.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment