Thursday, July 15, 2010

Independence Day: July 4th



July 4th. America's Birthday. The day of our independence from the tyranny of England. I think it is easy to forget the true meaning of the day and get caught up in the commercialized party. My kids are too young to understand, so yes, I am one of those who sees the day as an excuse to hang out with friends, get drunk and blow stuff up.

Every year our friends hold a bash at their house on a cul-de-sac. We each bring a dish, this year I made the cupcake pops patriotic style. Of course they were a hit. We chat, catch up, drink, laugh and wait for it to get dark. This year we brought our moon bounce and they had three kiddie pools set up. The kids had a blast. Especially since it felt like 100 degrees in the shade. Oh my this heat is going to kill us, if the humidity didn't already do it.

Someone must have put a little too much goodness in the Margarita mix because we all found ourselves a little tipsy to say the least. Good think we had the fireworks to get sober. The kids did great. I put Sophie in the Ergo carrier and Mason had daddy holding his ears, till our friends let us borrow his ear phones. No crying or begging to go home so this year is considered a success.
I tried out the fireworks setting on my canon powershot and was pleased with the out come. Though maybe next year I'll bring my SLR and tripod, and I still need to work on those pool photos. *sigh* Next year.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment