Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just for thought and a little vent

So this is something that has been bothering me for quite sometime and I just can't keep quiet about it any longer.  For those of you out there with kids you will probably know what I am talking about.  This is a typical day:  
I need to run some errands so I back the diaper bag with the essentials, bundle up the kid and myself, get us all situated and buckled into the van and head out to the store.  Whether it be Target, Wegmans, Giant or the Mall there is no discrimination when it comes to rude and dangerous drivers.  As I pull into the parking lot of whichever store I have decided is a necessity that particular day, I happen to have parked next to a vacant spot on the passenger side.   I turn of the engine, unlock the doors and get out heading to the passenger side to retrieve my son. As I am standing there, door open, unbuckling my son from his car seat I hear another car pulling up.  I am very well aware that the spot next to m, where I am standing, is empty for someone to be able to park.  I figure, however, that the person trying to be park will see me standing there getting my kid out of the car and be smart enough to know to wait until I am finished to park their car.  Apparently I am the only one to think this way.  How it plays out is that the car starts to pull in, sees me standing there, stops at first and then proceeds to park anyway.  WHILE I AM STANDING THERE!!!  It is clear as day that I am trying to get a child out of the car and I can't believe that people think it is o.k. to just pull into the spot while not only a person is standing there and could get hit by them but that a child could be jumping out at any moment and get hit as well.   How self absorbed and just freaking stupid do you have to be to not know that you stop and wait for the person to be finished before you pull into the damn spot!!!! And it's not like this has only happened once.  It's happened every time I've been in the situation which has been like 5 or 6 times just in the last few months.  I mean not only is that rude, but it's dangerous.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I guess I should mention that it has only happened since I have been driving the mini van.  Do they somehow think that because my car door slides open as opposed to the wide open door invading the next parking space of most cars that they can park without waiting and it be perfectly fine?  They could have seriously hurt me and my son, just because they are impatient.  What, you can't wait for like two minutes until I get my son out of the car and get out of the way?   These are not decent people and it just really upsets me.  So I had to blog about it.  Mostly because it just happened again the other day.  

Doesn't anyone else think this is just unacceptable?  Or am I on the soap box alone?

........................................................................................................................................
To make my mood gloomier, Fred's grandmother passed away this weekend.  It's his mother's mom and we all knew she had a heart condition and would probably die soon but it still is a sad time.  What makes things worse, I think, was that she just turned 90 in August and we were all supposed to go visit then for a birthday celebration.   The only thing was that she said she didn't want a celebration.  So we postponed our trip and thought it would be nice if we planned one around Christmas time.  Our flight leaves for Oregon on the 5th of January.    The last time Marie, Fred's grandma, saw Mason he was only 7 months old.  It was supposed to be a big celebration trip and all of us getting together after a long time.  I guess her heart couldn't wait that long.  I think Fred's mom might have some sort of memorial while we are visiting, but it would have been nice to see her one last time and to have said goodbye.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment