Thursday, February 4, 2010

remembering relationships

Supplies: my scraplift digital template of Cathy Zielske's Layered Template No.35, Ali Edwards Remember Word Art,

It's been quite a long time since I created a layout. But this picture I snapped of Fred and Mason the other day, staring out the window, needed to be documented. And before I forgot the story behind it. I took Cathy's layered template from Designer Digitals and copied it (yes i scrap lifted the design because I am too cheap to pay for something I feel I have the ability to create myself for free). In copying great design I learn from it. And hopefully one day be able to create my own style and designs. Anyway. So I made the above layout today and I love it.

Jourlaning reads: Father and son sharing a moment. Father and son admiring machinery as boys often do. This time the snow plow driving through our street after the latest snow fall. Mason recently interesting in real cars like minivans, garbage trucks, toyota prius'. Father and son exchanging glances and sharing knowledge. Father and son having a relationship. A relationship I've loved and watched grow over the last three years. January 03, 2010.

Highly inspired by both Ali and Cathy I strive to document more of the everyday moments than the big events. Because quite honestly it is these moments that I sit around the table with family and friends and reminisce.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment