Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today... June 24th

The Simple Woman's Day Book via Ali Edwards and Cathy Zielske:

Outside my window... my neighbors. The lack of privacy in this neighborhood sucks but it's a tradeoff for a having kids Mason's age around.

I am thinking... motherhood is way harder the second time around.

I am thankful for... Grandma Sunday, when my mom takes Mason for the day and life is a little less hectic. For DVR, so I can record all of Mason's favorite shows and play them "on demand." Especially in the mornings so he is distracted and I can try to catch some extra zzzzz's.

From the kitchen... italian style pot roast. Fred's favorite. smells good cooking in the crockpot.

I am wearing... my size 12 jeans and one of my fave sweater shirts from the gap. Yay for non preggo clothes.

I am reading... It Sucked and then I Cried by Heather Armstrong. Finding it totally hilarious just like her blog.

I am hoping... to re-connect as a family. Things feel so out of whack right now and I just need to feel some sense of normalcy and security to get back on track.

I am creating... a "Conversations with Mason" digital album based on the ECWL class album design. Stay tuned for a sneak peak. And thank you cards for all the baby stuff.

I am praying... Sophie learns to sleep through the night soon. We could all use some serious quality R.E.M. and that Mason gets through this phase he is in. Crying in stereo is weighing heavily on my stress level and getting me to my breaking point.

I am listening... to the sound of Sophie breathing as she sleeps on my chest and to Mason saying "woah" as he pretends to fall of the couch.

Around the house... lots of toys and dirty laundry to be done.

One of my favorite things... caffeine. It gets me through the day.

A few plans for the rest of the week... pick up some Disney Pixar DVD's from Target tomorrow. Head back to the grocery store at some point. Wish myself a happy birthday, get our family portrait taken and ride on top of the Fire Truck during the local FD's open house on Sunday.

A picture to share...



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment