Saturday, March 3, 2012

In like a lamb

Photobucket

March 1st turned out to be one of the most gorgeous days by the time I picked up Mason from school. Reaching a near 70 degrees before the days end, we took advantage of the rare Spring-esque weather. I made special muffin tin lunches for us to enjoy out on the deck, while listening to music on iTunes. Everything is more enjoyable and relaxing when you add great music to the mix. I think life would be much easier if we all had our own soundtrack. Don't you?

After lunch Sophie went down for a nap and Mason and I went outside to throw the ball around. We ran into one of our neighbors up the street who have two boys around Mason's age and the three of them played out in the yard, as I chatting with my neighbor while she cleaned out her car. (Which reminds me, I should probably find a day to get that done as well.)

Around 4:30pm we said good-bye to our friends and came inside to start dinner. I made one of Mason's favorite dishes, (also a favorite of mine growing up) Beef Noodle Casserole. Yum!

We ended the evening making homemade ice cream with our brand spankin' new ice cream maker. It works much, much better than our old one. (Thanks so much Mom and Dad, best family Christmas present ever!) The kids helped mash the strawberries, while I ran to the store for some ice. Sophie then sat vigil watching intently, and albeit rather impatiently, as the maker churned our mixture into delicious strawberry ice cream. I have to say, I actually prefer our homemade strawberry ice cream to the store bought. It is that good.

What a great start to the month of March.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment