Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tennis Anyone?


I'm seriously loving the fact that we have started taking up tennis again--and doing it as a family. On the court everyday, sometimes even twice in one day. (Mason can be quite persuasive when he really wants something). The last few days have been fairly beautiful weather and we've taken advantage of it. Especially Father's Day. It was a beautiful 75 degrees with a slight breeze. After dinner, we changed into our workout clothes, packed up our gear, and made the short walk up to the courts. With Mason actually wanting to play, and being old enough to learn how, we bought him his own junior racquet. We take turns having him on our "team" and he has done pretty good. Chasing after the ball as fast as his little feet will take him, which I hate to admit is probably faster than I can hustle after the ball myself. Sophia, our little ball girl, can be seen running around gathering up balls. Sometimes putting them in the bin, sometimes handing them directly to us. Sometimes, she grabs an extra racquet and tries her turn at hitting the ball. But mostly she stays in her own little world, entertaining herself. One of things I love about this girl.

It's been a great family activity. Getting us outside, getting us active, and having fun. Hmm, I think I just found my mantra for the summer.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment