Thursday, August 5, 2010

Do not pass go, Do not collect $200....

I really don't know how all these mommy scrappers do it. Maybe they are more disciplined and organized? Maybe their kids are way older than mine? Maybe they have help, like a babysitter or nanny, that comes a few days a week? Whatever it is that gets their creativity flowing and producing, I don't have it.

After months of a major dry spell in creating layouts or even stepping foot in my craft room, I decided to take a day and actually GET SOMETHING DONE. Put pen to paper, decide on a design, print pictures, adhere paper... just do something. ANYTHING. Feel productive. But alas once again, all I managed to accomplish was to backup the most recent uploaded photos to my external hard drive and get totally and absolutely frustrated. Frustrated with my son for not taking his nap and interrupting my focus with, can you help me cut this paper? Mommy, I need these stickers. Mommy, the thunderstorm is bothering me. Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!! Frustrated with my lack of direction and inability to commit. Frustrated with perfectionism. Frustrated with my time management skills. Frustrated with having all these ideas and stories in my head and not being able to translate them onto a single layout.

Maybe I'm just at a point where my creativity is tapped out, dry, in desperate need for some hydration. Or maybe I just need to figure out how to relax and stop over thinking everything and doubting myself and just do it for god's sake! Or Maybe I need to just wait till my kids are both fully in school. Or never attempt to scrapbook during naptime and only late at night when I know everyone is asleep and won't be interrupted by nagging children, husbands and the phone ringing off the hook.

If you are a mom (or dad) of young children and have a hobby, like scrapbooking, but not necessarily my particular hobby; how do you do it? How do you find the time and how do you not go CRAZY when it all goes to shit?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment