Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrating Milestones


A week ago on June 28th, I said goodbye to my young twenty's and turned thirty years old. I woke up that morning to my son singing, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Mommy." Could there be a sweeter way to start the day? We celebrated by going out to lunch at our favorite restaurant, Not Your Average Joe's and saw The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Which by the way is wickedly funny and one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Totally recommend seeing it. When we got home we shared in the cake Mason so kindly spilled the bean about the day before. "We got you a cake Mommy. It's chocolate." I love my son. So here are a few random facts about me at 30:
  • I am a mother of two kids: Son 2.5 years and Daughter 1 month.
  • Arachnophobia doesn't begin to describe my fear of spiders.
  • I recently celebrated four years of marriage.
  • I hate cleaning especially doing the dishes and bathrooms.
  • I am a natural blonde even though I dye my hair blonde.
  • I need my cup of coffee every morning or I get nasty headaches. My favorite summer coffee is Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino.
  • My favorite color schemes are blue/brown & pink/brown.
  • Our new house doesn't feel like "home" yet, making me miss our little home in Leesburg
  • I prefer candid shots and my photography tends to be mostly close-ups (and of my children solely).
  • I drive a mini van and I am soooo not a fan of mini vans.
  • My scrapbook style has become more simplified and I am loving it. I tend to enjoy the smaller size layouts like 6x6 or 8.5 x11 than my usual 12x12.
  • My inner critic is my kryptonite.
  • I have become a social network junkie. You can find me on Twitter, Facebook and of course Blogging 24/7.


Our little Sophia, you turned one month old on my birthday. Still so small and seemingly fragile. Here are just a few facts about you right now:
  • you hold your head up briefly when having "tummy time"
  • are wearing newborn or 0-3 month clothes, and size 1 diapers
  • you love being held constantly, I think it's the warmth. So I enjoy the Ultimate Baby Wrap to carry you around the house. Allows me to be hands free and calms you.
  • your baby acne flairs up on most days but the doctor assures me it will go away by four months
  • you don't cry, you scream at the top of your lungs and mostly during the wee hours of the morning. So much that Mason seems to think you don't like him because you "crying all the time."
  • you cluster feed right before bed time and because of this I can't figure out how to get you on a schedule. This is frustrating because you tend to sleep very well during the day and not so much at night. The most you have gone is 5 hours in one stretch at night. Left wondering when you will learn to sleep through the night so we all can get some rest.
  • not a big fan of the pacifier. Acting as if I just put the most foul thing in your mouth every time I try. I fear now that you can't self soothe and use feedings to do so.
  • you are eating around 30 ounces a day and it is showing because you now weigh 9lbs. 12oz. and 21.75 inches long.
  • you handle Mason's attempts at being the best big brother; picking you up and trying to calm you, with mild tolerance. He wants to be so helpful and I love that desire in him. I was nervous that he wouldn't want anything to do with you, but find he is very protective of his little sis.
  • since you were born you've been such a squirmy little thing, making our preferred burping technique fairly difficult to execute.
  • you have started to smile and it gives me joy. Bonding hasn't exactly happened with us yet, so much is going on I don't get time with you alone so those little smiles touch my heart.
While it is a struggle to transition from our secure family of three to a chaotic family of four I am feeling so blessed. I am thankful every day that I get to spend this time with the cutest kids in the world. *I'm not biased or anything*


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment