Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November Thankful: The 7th


OK, so I know I have been totally neglecting this little blog of mine. I don't really have an excuse.  Simply put, I underestimated how busy I would become,  and how little "me" time I would get with two kids in school on opposite schedules. That, and I have been trying to focus on taking care of myself better.

In addition to all the things occupying my time, I am getting over a serious cold, where I lost my voice just in time for Mason's birthday party, and am recovering from what I call my minor breakdown. If I am going to be truly honest, I have been suffering from some pretty severe anxiety over the last month. After finally recognizing that I needed help, I am on my road to recovery.  I feel healthier, stronger, and have more energy. I am happier than I have been in a really long time and the change is noticeable.

With this new me emerging, I am hoping to get back to blogging on a regular basis. Making it a priority to write things out and once again document our lives. To start, I thought I would bring back November Thankful. It being so fitting with my life path right now, and it being the season of giving thanks and all. So here we go.

Today I am thankful to wake up and be reaffirmed that Obama was re-elected president, and that I was brave enough to get the haircut that I really wanted. It's short but I like it and am slowly getting used to it. Sophie runs around calling me Tangled. I believe this is mostly due to the fact that I took inspiration from the movie and showed my stylist a picture of Rapunzel's hair from the end of the movie. 


I felt really silly bringing in a picture of a cartoon, but apparently someone else had brought in an American Girl doll asking for the color hair of the doll. LOL.

Most everyone says they love the new look. I think it makes me look older, more mature. Which I like. Now I just need to learn how to style my hair the way she does.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Found your post because I am looking to get my hair done and was looking for a good picture of Rapunzels hair at the end of the movie. Feeling better that I too am not the only one who wanted to do this. lol

    ReplyDelete