Friday, July 29, 2011

Week in the Life: Wednesday


Wednesday was a fun day. It started off with a Free Movie, Dreamworks How to Train Your Dragon, at a local theatre. I seriously love the Summer Movie series the local movie theateres in the area host. It's a great way to entertain the kids for a few hours during what I consider the hot zone, those hours in the morning when nothing is open and the kids are so bored. It also gets us out of the heat which has been just ridiculous this summer. I've been super impressed with how well my kids have handled themselves because let's face it, for a 2 year old and 4 year old to still still and be quiet for close to two hours has got to be agony for them. That time span feels like forever to them. It was a nice way to get out just the three of us and do something special.

Here are a few of my favorite moments from Wednesday.









I have noticed on this little project that I am using my iPhone quite a bit. Since being introduced to the Instagram App, I am hooked. If you haven't noticed, a few instagram photos have made their way into this project. Fred doesn't get it. He doesn't understand the artistic creativity of making your photos looked aged. That has always been a favorite of mine since my first introduction to the darkroom. I must have tried sepia tone on just about every photo I took in Photography 101. One of my favorite classes in college was Alternative Process, using the skills and techniques I learned in there on other photography classes and art projects. I had a love affair with the dark room. Was known for pulling all nighters in college, hanging out in the dark room, creating, tweaking and trying again and again until my photo was perfect. I loved the smell of the chemicals, the waiting and anticipation for my photo to appear, did I get it right? Since taking a few digital photography classes in college and seeing as I don't have access to a dark room, don't think I hadn't thought or even planned out a spot for a dark room in the basement as my creative outlet instead of a craft room, I have embraced digital photography. Though I find my insatiable habit for taking millions of photos lacking when it comes to storage. Still, the technology of late astounds me and I find my hours in the dark room have been traded for hours at the computer experimenting in photoshop. I still find joy in manipulating my photos and well if you haven't discovered Instagram yet, I suggest you give it a try. It's free and oh so addicting.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment