Thursday, June 9, 2011

two years.

Two years have come and gone. Where did they go? Twenty-four months of getting to know this little girl.
I have so many things that I want to say about how much she has grown. Her language skills, her personality, her height. So many things I want to tell about her birthday party. Yet when I sit down to write, I can't find the words. Words to describe how much love and hard work went into planning every last detail. In making sure she had the perfect TinkerBell birthday in all it's yellow and green. Instead I think I'll just share a few photos about that special day.

It was a wonderful day. Everyone had a great time. I had made ribbon wands for the girls and Peter Pan hats for the boys. Placed chipboard images of Tinkerbell in a birdcage and lantern, even made her ship from the Lost Treasure movie out of a coconut shell, ribbon and a balloon. It fell apart before the guests arrived.

Still, I will remember sitting in the backyard chatting with friends as our kids ran in the grass. I will remember that every child was yelling at Fred to cut them a piece of the water from the cake. I will remember Mason reminding us about the pinata only after half the guests left. I will remember how windy it was and that the balloons starting popping one by one before the guests arrived. I will remember the bubble machine was a hit and it really did look like pixie dust falling on the kids as they bounced. I will remember Sophie in her fairy outfit with her fairy wings. I will remember my daughter, having the best time with family and friends on the day she turned two.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom! Wish we could have been there to celebrat with you! We miss ya'll!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete