Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and December Daily Days 14,15,16,17,18

Supplies: Cathy Zielske Ho Ho Holiday Words, Mindy Terasawa Christmas Dreams digital paper, Katie Pertiet stacked photo clusters

This is our Christmas card for the year. It was fun working with a different size this year. I had the design done ahead of time. I tried to wait till all our haircuts were done to take the photo but that didn't happen. Even though I found it harder to take photos with two kids, none of them were looking at the camera at the same time or smiling, I think they came out rather well. I sent them off to Scrapbook Pictures to be printed. Even though they came out too dark despite my adjustments in Photoshop (something I have to figure out with tweaking the corrections options I suppose).

This ended up being my day 14.

I used an envelope from an old card and added wrapping paper to the front. Then created the number 14 in photoshop.

Day 15


Supplies: Ali Edwards Hand drawn Holiday, Katie Pertiet cut-ups Christmas

On this day after dinner we took an impromtu trip to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. This has become a family time ritual to go out for ice cream after dinner every so often.

Day 16

I took the idea to use Tumblr as a way to document my favorite things at the moment, from Ali Edwards. I took a snapshot of the screen then adjusted it to size in photoshop added the title and printed out. Here is a close up of the page.

A few of my favorite things at the moment are those knit hats for babies, the woodland theme lamp at Target (again big on that theme this year), my iPhone, Starbucks coffee, "It's your life" song by Francesca Battistelli, etc. It'd be fun to look back years from now and see what interesting me at this time in my life. See how my interests have changed or stayed the same.

Day 17

Supplies: Making Memories snowflake frame, Metal numbers are unknown mfr.

Today I printed out the forecast for the week and the massive snow storm headed our way. I thought it would be a nice to document the record breaking amount of snow we were getting (and that we got) especially odd for our area this early in the winter season.

Day 18

The pictures with Santa. The photos and journaling were all pulled from my blog post. To read it click here. This is a close up of page 1.

Supplies: Cathy Zielske Ho Ho Holiday words

A close up of Page 2. The journaling I printed out directly from my blog post and stuffed in the paper bag.
Supplies: Ali Edwards HolidayWord Art, Fiskars Apron border punch, EK Success 1/2 inch scalloped circle punch

This is the journaling.
Ok off to enjoy some Christmas dinner. Will post photos of our present opening and more December Daily pages tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment