Monday, December 14, 2009

December Daily: Pages eight and nine

Day Eight

Supplies: Katie Pertiet cut-ups: christmas, American Crafts Thickers

Another page pulled directly from my blog. Isn't it wonderful when most of the leg work is done ahead of time?

I assembled this page in the same fashion as day six. Hybrid style. I decided on the size for the page. In this case I made it 9x8 inches. Then I cropped each photo to be 3x3 inches. Then just placed them in order in a block on the left hand side. Messing with the orientation. A few ended up having to be smaller to fit but it works. Then I wrote the journaling on the right hand side and placed a few cut-ups from Katie Pertiet at the bottom. Like before I hid the text layer and cut-ups layers and printed the photos onto photo paper and trimmed it out. Then I printed out the journaling (with photos hidden) and cut-ups onto white cardstock and trimmed out. Then I printed the cut ups again and cut out wrappings and placed that on top of the wrappings on the journaling block with pop dots to make it stand out a little bit. It's hard to see in the photo. I then adhered the journaling to the page and the photos overlapping the journaling paper a little bit. Finally I added a number eight from American Crafts thickers that I embossed with white/silver glitter powder.

Day Nine



This day was simple. I cropped the photo and added the journaling directly on the photo in PSE.

Supplies: Heidi Swapp ghost clocks and months clear stamps, Jolee's boutique: pointsetta,American Crafts thickers: number nine

I adhered the photo to the back of page eight and finished off the page by adding a few ghost clocks from Heidi Swapp, a number nine from American Crafts and stamping the word December.

Simple.

It was after all a simple day. Still in our pajamas and playing Candy land. I think some of the most ordinary everyday moments are those that should be celebrated and treasured forever.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment