Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Create


I was feeling creative over the weekend and decided to make a piece of artwork for the nursery with my scrapbooking supplies. I got the inspiration from Ali Edwards collage and thought I'd try it out for myself. I used various papers from my scrap stash of scrapbook paper and the Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I punched out the butterfly images and then placed them on white card stock that I cut in the shape of the frame. The frame, I had laying around in my scrap room and figured it would be a good match to this project. So here is my version.
It will hang somewhere in the nursery, not sure where yet. Then maybe in the guest bedroom.

I also wanted to share two awesome finds we got at a local frame store that was going out of business. They had wonderful pieces of art that were like 60% off. I happened upon these two movie posters and the guy said he'd give them to us for $20 each! Yes, they came framed so we jumped at the deal. The Cinderella poster hangs in the nursery and the Cars poster hangs in Mason's room.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love the butterflies! You're so talented when it comes to that stuff. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete