Thursday, December 4, 2008

Here we go!

So this is it. My first real blog. I've done a few blogging things on myspace over the last year but since everyone has seemed to jump ship to facebook (including me) I haven't had time to go back there and continue. I'd thought about starting my own blog for sometime now, but just not sure I'm totally in the know how to do it properly. *reminder: buy the "Blogging for Dummies" book I saw at the bookstore a year ago. Pray that it is still there. But I starting to embrace my imperfection (which is really hard for me to do. Just ask my husband he claims I am a perfectionist, and I've been starting to believe him). So I need to swallow the fear and just go for it! Lord please give me the strength. I want, no I need, to be able to do this...

So I guess now is where I say a little about myself and my family. We are the Briggs Family. We are imperfect (but then as I look around I think what family is perfect). But I love my family, even when they hurt me. But that's what love does sometimes. We tend to say things to our loved ones/family that we wouldn't say to strangers or mild acquaintances. I still haven't quite figured out why. Maybe it's because we know they will forgive us, or because we feel we can be brutally honest because we love them so much. Either way I know that I cannot make it without my family. My mother, father, sister, husband and son. They are my rock, my inspiration, my everything. This is so sappy....blah, blah, blah. Moving on.
This is our family as of August 2008. Since then we have discovered that our family will be growing. I can't wait to meet the new addition. This time around I don't care if it's a boy or a girl. I just want the baby to be healthy. In the meantime I've been continuing my duties as stay at home mom to Mason while Fred has been working hard to finish all the renovations we've been doing to our new home in time for the Holidays. This year, since we just moved, we are hosting "Family Christmas" with my extended family in the Virginia area. This means a lot of people will be in our house, seeing it for the first time, and it's only a few weeks until the 20th.
Why are the holidays always so stressful. Shouldn't this be the time that we can just sit back and relax and enjoy life? Which reminds me. I desperately need to do my Christmas shopping. *silently screaming* So I should probably get off the computer and start making a list.

Well it's a good start. Hopefully I'll be able to post something everyday (wow that's ambitious) if not every week. So for now, Good Night!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment